This week, on the blog, we have a really tasty, really healthy recipe by Alchemy founder Domini Kemp. And guess what? It's also nice and simple to make! Perfect for the family this weekend or if you're entertaining!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, sliced into half-inch strips
- 1 tbsp five-spice powder
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 400g broccoli stems
- 200ml water
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Start by marinating the chicken in the five-spice, sliced garlic and tamari about half an hour before you are ready to serve.
- When you’re ready to cook, heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken until it’s coloured a little – about three minutes – before adding the broccoli stems and the 200ml of water.
- Cover tightly with a lid, turn the heat down to medium, and steam cook for about five minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the stems are al dente.
- Remove the lid and check the seasoning (it shouldn't need salt) before adding the nuts and sesame seeds, tossing the whole together and serving on a bed of ‘rice’ like wild rice or cauliflower rice.