On the blog this week, we have another really gorgeous recipe from Domini! And as usual it ticks those all-important boxes: it’s easy to make, you probably have all the ingredients already, it’s really tasty and everyone in the family will enjoy it!
Quick Tomato Soup
This quick tomato soup is the perfect ‘larder lunch’: there’s nothing in it you won’t find in your cupboards. And don’t skip the anchovies: you won’t taste them and they add some umami oomph to this 15-minute wonder. Perfect when the weather is hovering between scorchio and freezing ... which sounds very familiar this August!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 1 large white onion, chopped (240g)
- Few sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme (or both) (12g)
- Six anchovies, drained and chopped (18g)
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped (18g)
- 1 good knob butter (20g)
- 2 tins tomatoes (800g)
- Splash sherry vinegar (7.6g or 2 tsp)
- Salt & pepper (3g)
- Parsley & olive oil to garnish (4g parsley and 8.4g or ½ tsp per portion of oil)
- Sweat the onions, anchovies, fresh herbs and garlic in the butter over a medium heat until soft.
- Then add the tomatoes and vinegar. Simmer for about ten minutes before blitzing till smooth in a blender. Season well and serve with a drizzle of olive oil, some fresh parsley and the bread below.