Our Alchemy Granola Bars are one of our most popular healthy treats here in our Leeson Street shop as well as in our new pop-up horsebox in Kildare Village. And like a lot of the healthy eating recipes devised by Domini Kemp and her fellow chefs for Alchemy, they are also simple to prepare at home while also being super-tasty.
So here's the recipe below.
Gluten-free granola bars
- 200g gluten-free oats
- 200g dried dates, chopped
- 100g dried figs, chopped
- 75g goji berries
- 75g dried blueberries
- 75g raisins
- Two tbsp flax seeds
- Pinch cinnamon
- One to two tsps vanilla extract
- Two tsps pumpkin seeds
- Three frozen bananas, semi-thawed and broken up in a blender into ‘banana mush’
- Pre-heat the oven to 150C.
- Put the dates and figs in a saucepan, cover with twice the amount of water, and simmer for 45 minutes until it’s a sloppy, sweet liquid.
- Add the blueberries, raisins, flax seeds and cinnamon, then mix well. Add in the oats, vanilla, pumpkin seeds and bananas. Pour into a baking tray, or brownie tray lined with parchment, and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Cool the mix down in the tin, then cut it into bars, wrap in parchment paper and freeze. Just pull them out as you need them – they thaw very quickly and I’ve even eaten them while frozen as they go chewy instead of hard.
Many thanks and we hope you enjoy them!