Need something hot and healthy this weather? We have a really tasty and super-healthy recipe by Alchemy founder Domini Kemp, using two of her favourite ingredients: garlic and ginger. Be warned: if you don’t like garlic (or smelling of garlic!), this might not be for you. However, we guarantee you one thing: this dish is worth it! And like all of Domini’s recipes, it is simple and quick to make and uses basic ingredients.
Serves 2-4, depending on what and how much you add to it
- 2 heads (yes, whole heads) garlic, peeled and sliced finely
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 sage leaves, sliced
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 2 litres water
- Knob of ginger, peeled and sliced
- Bunch of parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil and (this is crucial) very gently sauté the garlic and herbs – this is almost an infusion.
- Add the water and ginger and season well.
- Simmer gently for five minutes, then take off the heat and let it sit for an hour.
- Reheat and serve with a little more olive oil and a poached egg, finely chopped spring onions and shredded seaweed.
Thanks and enjoy!