With the weather this cold and Christmas looming large, we thought we'd share Domini's recipe for the Alchemy Juice Co Bone Broth with you again. It's a 'cracker' of a dish and is easy to make. Everyone can enjoy it too as it's supertasty! You can use chicken bones or turkey ones!
- 1 leftover chicken/turkey carcass
- Small bunch spring onions
- Bunch fresh coriander
- 2 sticks lemongrass (outer leaves removed), finely chopped
- 4 lime leaves
- Large knob ginger, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp miso
- Salt & pepper
- Juice of 2 limes
- Simmer your roast chicken or turkey bones in three litres of water for at least four hours with a splash of cider vinegar, with a lid on it. Even though you have a lid on it, you might need to top it up so that the bones are covered.
- After it has cooked for four hours, take the lid off and let it reduce down by a third. At this point, I spoon out the bones and throw them away. Then I cool the stock down by putting the pot in a cold “bath” in my kitchen sink.
- After about an hour, it should be cold enough to be transferred into a smaller pot or bowl, which can then fit in your fridge.
- When you are ready to make your broth, it couldn't be faster: in a large saucepan, heat the broth and then add all the other ingredients except the fresh herbs and miso. Simmer for 10 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse, before stirring in the miso (which shouldn't be boiled) and serving with chopped fresh coriander.