We have another gorgeous recipe to share with you from Domini Kemp. It was also featured on RTE’s Today Show last week. It’s for a super-healthy, super-tasty Grilled Mint & Chilli Chicken
Domini adds: “If you can only get thighs with the bone in them, then just be sure to cook for 15 minutes longer and if you want to use skinless chicken, do.”
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 boneless, chicken thighs
- 1 large bunch mint
- 2 chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- Zest& juice of 2 limes
- Good pinch dried mint
- Tiny squeeze honey
- Salt & black pepper
- Few glugs olive oil
- Seeds of one pomegranate
- chopped parsley
- Put the chicken thighs in a shallow dish that can go in the oven. Put the rest of the ingredients in your food processor and blitz.
- Pour over the marinade and try to leave for at least an hour to marinate, longer if you can. But it really doesn't need to be done overnight.
- To cook, preheat your oven as hot as it will go and blast them thighs for 15 minutes. Sometimes they ooze wait a lot of liquid.
- Turn them over, baste with the marinade, turn the oven down to 200 degrees C and cook for another 30-40 minutes until cooked through.
- It's quite a wet marinade so they won't go uber-sticky, although you can help get this effect by sticking them under a hot grill. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and chopped parsley or coriander.