Check out this Baked Beans with Chorizo, Egg and Feta Recipe from Domini Kemp and Patricia Daly's best-selling The Ketogenic Kitchen . . .
'This recipe makes an incredibly delicious breakfast. This is also excellent for dinner and is usually my ‘OMG, there’s no food in the house’ kind of supper!'
- - 200g chorizo sausage, diced
- - 2 large onions, finely chopped
- - 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- - Few sprigs of thyme or rosemary, chopped
- - 80ml red wine vinegar
- - 4 tbsp tomato purée
- - 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- - Salt and pepper
- - 1 x 400g tin of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- - 8 large eggs
- - Splash of olive oil
- - 200g pack of feta
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sauté the chorizo in a large frying pan that can go into the oven until the chorizo is starting to caramelise. It does release lots of fat, which you can leave in there for extra unctuousness.
- Add the onions and continue to sauté until they too are just starting to colour.
- Add the garlic, herbs, red wine vinegar, tomato purée and tomatoes. Mix well, season and cook for another few minutes.
- When everything feels well blended, take it off the heat and mix in the cannellini beans.
- Make eight wells or holes in the beans and crack an egg into each well.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil, crumble the feta on top, season with lots of black pepper and bake for 15 minutes or so, until the eggs are just cooked.
We hope you love it.
The Ketogenic Kitchen is in bookstores now or you can buy it here: http://www.easons.com/p-4101768-the-ketogenic-kitchen.aspx
Note: This recipe is also on the fabulous TheTaste.ie website